Click to Home
Go To Search
Passport Acceptance Services Suspended
until further notice.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
Passport Application 

You can apply for your passport in person at the Clerk’s Office Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. You will need the following: 
  • Application
    A completed passport application form (must be signed in person at the Clerk’s Office) 
    You MAY be able to renew your passport by mail, saving the $35 facility processing fee. Check the State Department’s website to see if you are eligible.

    The Clerk’s Office can help you find the forms you need and determine whether you must renew by mail or whether you will be required to reapply through an Acceptance Facility, such as our office.

    Please note: All Minors age 15 and under who have or have not had a passport in the past must apply in person using form DS-11.  Please see the State Department's website for the requirements for Minors 16 and 17.    

  • Fees
    Effective April 2, 2018 fees for passports are payable by check or money order as follows: 
    • $145 for a 10-year passport (age 16 and older)
      • $110 payable to the U.S. Department of State
      • $35 payable to the City of Rochester Hills
    • $115 for a five-year passport (age 15 and younger)
      • $80 payable to the U.S. Department of State
      • $35 payable to the City of Rochester Hills
    • Expedited service is an additional $60 per application payable to the U.S. Department of State
    • Passport return by overnight mail after processing is $16.48 payable to the U.S. Department of State 
  • Methods of Payment
    • Check or money order only for U.S. Department of State payments. Cash not accepted.
    • Any questions on acceptable methods of payment of city fees, please call 248.656.4630.
  • Photograph  
    The Clerk’s Office offers photo service for a fee of $10. The photograph must be:
    • Recent (taken within the last six months)
    • 2 inches by 2 inches in size
    • Be in color
    • Must show your front view / full face on plain, light (white or off-white) background
  • Proof of Citizenship 
    You will need to have an original certified birth certificate*, a previously issued U.S. Passport or, if born abroad, Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship.*Please Note: Minors must provide an original certified birth certificate even if renewing a passport.
  • Proof of Identity 
    You will need to bring a valid driver’s license, government or military ID, Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship or a previously issued adult passport (as long as it has an easily recognizable photo). 

The U.S. Department of State website has the most current information regarding passports along with downloadable copies of the applications.  

Stay Connected