The following list contains the minimum requirements to apply for a Firefighter / Paramedic or EMT position with the Rochester Hills Fire Department:
1. 18 years of age or older
2. High School Diploma or GED equivalent
3. Michigan Firefighter Training Council Firefighter I & II
4. Current State of Michigan License or current National Registry certification as a Paramedic or Basic EMT (position dependent)
5. Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS certification
6. Current American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification – PARAMEDICS ONLY
7. Hazardous Materials awareness and operations level certification
8. Satisfactory score on the EMPCO written exam
9. Current Candidate Physical Agility Test (CPAT) card / certificate or Oakland County Community College Fire Physical Agility Test card / certificate.
10. Valid drivers’ license with satisfactory driving record including no more than four (4) points on record
11. Satisfactory criminal history as determined by the City of Rochester Hills
Candidates wishing to apply for the position of Firefighter / Paramedic or Firefighter / EMT must successfully complete the Candidate Physical Agility Test (CPAT) and hold a passing score on the written EMPCO exam.